Are You Ready to Serve & Protect?
“My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place – police, firefighters and members of our armed forces.”
– Sidney Sheldon
Applicants must possess the ability to work with a substantial element of personal risk and exercise sound independent judgment; the ability to use interpersonal skills to manage conflicts; the ability to be trained to use firearms and other weapons; the ability to cope with situations firmly, courteously, and tactfully with respect to the rights of others; the ability to write complete and accurate reports; and the ability to withstand accident and violent situations while maintaining a high level of professionalism and performance.
- Must be OPOTA certified
- Must be at least 21 years of age upon appointment
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License
- No OVI convictions within the past four (4) years
- No domestic violence convictions
- No felony convictions
- College preferred (not mandatory)
- Must pass a psychological evaluation
- Must pass an OPOTA-certified firearms qualification
- Must pass a thorough background investigation, including polygraph
- Applicants cannot have a conviction for any crimes relative to honesty, truthfulness, or moral turpitude.
- Eyesight: 20/20 corrected.
- Weight in proportion to height.
- Must possess the physical ability to perform consistently and promptly to all duties of the position.
Download Printable PDF Version of Application